Courtesy of Tyler Durden
- Asian Stocks rise as earnings, Japan jobless data, stoke growth optimism.
- Bank of Japan keeps benchmark rate at 0.1%, stops buying corporate debt.
- Dollar falls for fourth month against Euro, US growth aids risk demand.
- Japan central bank forecasts 3 years of deflation as it ends emergency credit steps.
- Oil poised for biggest monthly gain since May on optimism over US demand.
- U.S. Economy expands for the first time (+3.5%) in more than a year amid stimulus.
- U.S. Home vacancies increase to 18.8M as lenders seize properties.
- Alcatel-LucentQ3 net loss widens to $269 million as carrier sales in Europe fall.
- Audi 3Q operating profit falls 54 percent to $515 million.
- Bare Escentuals reported Q3 EPS of $0.24, exceeding average analyst estimate by 17%.
- Burger King’s Q1 net falls 3.2% to $46.6M as revenues fell 5% to $636.9M.
- Expedia Inc.’s Q3 net rises 23% amid higher bookings, rise in hotel, car rental revenue.
- Exxon Mobil reported a fourth straight drop in profit after demand slumped for fuels.
- Kodak’s Q3 loss stood at $111M, as revs fell 26% to $1.78B – worse than expected.
- Macquarie Infrastructure to split its portfolio of roads into two separately listed entities.
- MetLife Inc. reported a $620M qtrly loss led by $857M of derivative losses.
- Motorola posted a Q3 profit of $12M, as cost cuts offset a 28% drop in revenue.
- Panasonic ups Y09 operating profit f’cast 60% on improving sales.
- Priceline.com to replace Schering-Plough which is being acquired by Merck, in S&P 500 Index.
- Procter & Gamble’s earnings fell 1.2% as revenue slid. Colgate’s profit rose 18%.
- Samsung Electronics posts record $3.1B profit on chip, LCD prices.
- Sony swung to Q2 loss of $287.5 million, but expects its full-year loss to narrow.
- Sprint Nextel’s Q3 loss widened to $478M as subscribers continued to exit the co.
- Toshiba ekes out small profit to $1.1M in 2nd quarter on cost-cutting, higher memory chip sales.
- Volvo rival offer by Sweden’s Konsortium Jakob may be made by end of week.
Economic Calendar: Data on Personal Income-Spending, Chicago PMI to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ACI, AEE, ALU, AOC, CEG, CMI, CVX, D, DUK, EL, GAS, LNT, MDC, MDU, SNE, SNY, WPO, WY.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions
ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS INC (ITW)
STANLEY WORKS/THE (SWK)
FLOWSERVE CORP (FLS)
BORGWARNER INC (BWA)
ALCOA INC (AA)
SEALED AIR CORP (SEE)
OFFICEMAX INC (OMX)
GOODYEAR TIRE & RUBBER (GT)
US CONCRETE INC (RMIX)
NEWELL RUBBERMAID INC (NWL)
CIT GROUP INC (CIT)
NEW YORK TIMES CO/THE (NYT)
BEMIS CO INC (BMS)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics