Courtesy of Tyler Durden
- Asian stocks fall, Dollar rises on China rate, earnings concern.
- China may be forced to shut 11% of power generators because of coal shortages.
- China One-year yields rise for first time since August as credit tightens.
- China raises bill yields in sale for second time, presaging higher rates
- Corporate bond returns rising at fastest pace since 1998
- Crude Oil drops a second day on forecasts for warmer weather.
- India’s industrial output growth rises 11.7% in Nov – fastest pace in 25 months.
- Japan’s current account surplus widens for fourth month on export rebound.
- Obama said to weigh fee on financial-services firms to trim budget deficit.
- AK Steel hikes prices for carbon steel products by $60 per ton.
- Alcoa posts $277M loss on restructuring, taxes. Revs fell 4.5% to $5.43B (cons $4.82B).
- American Airlines, TPG raised an offer to invest in Japan Airlines Corp. to $1.4B.
- AOL started laying off employees and said it would close some European offices.
- Bell Micro sees Q4 revs at $830-840M ($807.24M cons), prev view $796-819M.
- BP Plc unseated Royal Dutch Shell Plc as Europe’s largest oil company by market value
- Bright Food offers $1.4B in cash to purchase CSR’s sugar business
- Cadbury again rejects Kraft bid, as the confectioner reports strong growth.
- Chevron in its interim update sees Q4 2009 earnings to be lower than in Q3 2009.
- China’s Bright Food to buy CSR Ltd’s sugar & renewable units for $1.4B.
- Daimler plans Mercedes `attack’ on BMW with environmentally-friendly cars
- Dozen Hollywood, other names make offers for MGM, but in the $2B range, below the $3.7B it owes its lenders.
- Ford, Geely said to be close to agreement on shielding Volvo trade secrets.
- GameStop announces capital allocation strategy incl $300M share repurchase plan.
- Japan Air plunges by 45% daily limit on speculation of bankruptcy filing.
- Kodak, Samsung enter pact giving access to the other’s patent portfolio.
- Regulators have ordered structural inspections of more than 130 Boeing jetliners.
- Swiss Life Jumps Most in 8 months on report Allianz Is preparing a bid
- Telefónica: Devaluation of Venezuelan bolivar erased more than $1B in profits it has locked up in the country.
Economic Calendar: Data on Trade Balance to be released today.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
TIMKEN CO (TKR)
SWIFT ENERGY CO (SFY)
ACUITY BRANDS INC (AYI)
HILL-ROM HOLDINGS INC (HRC)
GENERAL MILLS INC (GIS)
MCMORAN EXPLORATION CO (MMR)
VULCAN MATERIALS CO (VMC)
COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO (CL)
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP (SBGI)
BOYD GAMING CORP (BYD)
MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS (MLM)
LABORATORY CORP OF AMERICA (LH)
OWENS-ILLINOIS INC (OI)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics