Courtesy of Tyler Durden
- Asian stocks rose for a fourth straight day on strong corporate earnings.
- Oil falls a second day after US supplies gain, Consumer confidence drops.
- UK Q2 economic growth was a “blip”: Natl Institute of Economic & Social Research.
- Yen rises as signs of slowing US growth spur safety demand.
- Aetna is contracting out its pharmacy-benefit business to CVS Caremark in a 12-yr deal.
- Aetna raises 2010 profit f’cast to $3.05-3.15 as flu season lowers costs.
- Alcon Inc. posted a 15% rise in Q2 profit on sales and margin growth. Ups 2010 view.
- AmeriGas Partners reports Q3 loss of $0.23 (cons -$0.20); revs up 6.4% to $396.6M.
- ArcelorMittal posts Q2 profit of $1.704B on 42.6% jump in revs to $21.65B.
- BAE said to win $773M Indian order for BAE Hawk Trainers.
- Boston Properties’ Q2 profit falls 8.6% to $61.4M, but beats its view.
- British American Tobacco H1 sales up 8% at GBP7.3B; sees year of growth ahead.
- CIT enters into talks later this week to refinance and repay $4B of its credit facility.
- Corning’s June net income rises from $611M to $913M.
- Deutsche Bank closes a group that advises on commercial real estate transaction.
- Disney to purchase social-game maker Playdom for $563.2M.
- GameStop to acquire online-games distributor Kongregate for an undisclosed sum.
- Hess Corp. to acquire American Oil & Gas Inc. in an all-stock transaction.
- Infineon Technologies swings to Q3 profit of €126M after revs surge 59% to €1.2B.
- LG Electronics Q2 net falls 33% to $722M on lower smartphones sales. Revs fell 0.7%.
- Massey Energy misses by $0.33, reports Q2 loss of $0.02. Revs rose 16.1% to $810M.
- Medtronic’s spine device faces uncertain approval after close Panel vote.
- Merck paid 3,468 death claims to resolve Vioxx suits.
- Nippon Steel swings to Q1 profit of $306M as sales gain 30%.
- Portugal Telecom may reach decision to buy a stake in Brazil’s Tele Norte.
- PSA Peugeot Citroen swung to H1 profit of €680M as revs rise 20.8% to €28.39B.
- Teva earnings climb on higher U.S. drug sales
- UGI Corp misses by $0.04, posts Q3 EPS of $0.03. Revs flat at $961.9M.
- United States Steel posted a $25M Q2 loss, even as revenue doubled to $4.68B.
- UnitedHealth Grp in advanced talks to buy closely held Executive Health Res., for $1.5B.
Economic Calendar: Data on Durable Orders, Crude Inventories, Fed’s Beige Book to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ABD, ADLR, ATI, ATX, BA, BMC, CCI, CDR, CEG, CLF, COP, CYH, D, DRYS, E, EK, ESRX, GB, IP, JNY, MT, MYL, RYL, V, WLP.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC (VZ)
CA INC (CA)
MASCO CORP (MAS)
UNISYS CORP (UIS)
KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP (KMB)
FERRO CORP (FOE)
SHAW GROUP INC/THE (SHAW)
AIRGAS INC (ARG)
JB HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES (JBHT)
ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES INC (AMD)
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC (UPS)
3M CO (MMM)
Data courtesy of www.eganjones.com