How to read this site for free:
You can’t. There is more than a book’s worth of knowledge in here and you'll have to pay to read it. Each month is like a chapter and there’s a monthly fee. There are site-exclusive items and, once you read them, you can't give them back, so we can't give you back the money, even if you don't like it!
We charging a fee that allows us to maintain this site and spend the time it takes to make it worthwhile for you to come here. Any charges will show up as 'Phil Stock World - Smart Solutions' on your credit card statement. We do not, in any way, shape, or form, hold ourselves out to be financial professionals. Stock and option trading is very dangerous and even the best traders get wiped out from time to time (Phil has). We expect you to consult a professional financial adviser before taking any action on any information (which may be incorrect, as we do make a lot of mistakes) you read on this site. There are no refunds, but we may terminate your membership at any time if we see the need, since this is a private newsletter and those are our rules. We would likely refund all or part of your remaining months because we are nice but certainly not because we have to. If you have a dispute, you may pay for our lawyer and your own and bring a case before the American Arbitration Association in New Jersey; though under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any judgment exceeding your membership subscription fee.
Also, if you are a professional investment manager, fund manager, institutional trader, other financial professional, or are using information on this site as a trading professional, we expect you to honorably pay the professional fee. To find out about the professional fee, contact us through any of the means available on this website. You hereby agree that should we find out at a later date that you misrepresented yourself, you will pay ten times the professional rate plus any legal fees we incur in order to get to the bottom of it. We know this is very harsh, so please be honest.
By becoming a member (i.e. subscribing to the site) you are agreeing to all of the above terms. We know this sounds harsh, but we are doing this for fun and certainly don’t want to get into the hassle of turning into some corporation (which would have to charge you much higher fees). That being said, before you subscribe to our site and join us, please be aware that we do have freely published information available on our web site and that Phil is regularly published in many places on the web on several free sites. Your main advantages to joining us are the timeliness articles, Phil's market commentary and the active daily comment threads where you get Phil's live thoughts on the market.
So, in summary, you are doing this for fun or because you have appreciated all the free columns we have written and feel that that by itself is deserving of a donation; because, as you can see, we promise nothing. If you have gotten far enough in our membership cue to read this, then perhaps give us a month or two before giving up your spot to see if you find something useful enough to offset the fee. If you can’t find anything genuinely useful here, then we would rather have you put the money into an IRA every month than give it to us! So please do not give us the annual fee if you think you may get bored or just want to check us out - although the monthly rates are more expensive, you can always upgrade. We hope you'll join us.
Thanks, Phil and Greg
PhilStockWorld.com Privacy Notice
* What Personal Information About Customers Does PhilStockWorld.com Gather?
* What About Cookies?
* Does PhilStockWShare the Information It Receives?
* How Secure Is Information About Me?
* Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
* Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does PhilStockWorld.com Gather?
* Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records; account information; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as automatically securing your user login if you walk away from your computer for a set time period.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does PhilStockWorld.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others.
* Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: processing credit card payments, and some public data collection. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Protection of PhilStockWorld.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of PhilStockWorld.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit our websites, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of New Jersey. If you have any concern about privacy, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us