By Anna Peel. Originally published at ValueWalk.
Comments By Kyle Bass On Magnifi Media
- China is absorbing sanctions from Russia–”You’ve already seen the payment system when Visa and MasterCard abandoned the Russian banks for the payment system, and the Russian banks immediately went to Union Pay in China. If China is providing Russia with a backdoor for its crude for its gas and for its food and what we’re witnessing here, I believe it’s the bifurcation of the world into two world orders: 1. Is the Rules-based West and 2. Is the Axis of Evil.”
- “We haven’t even seen the highs in crude oil. Crude oil at $130 or $150 will cause a global recession.”
- “ With oil at $130 a barrel – we will have a recession in the U.S. by the end of the year”
- “Stagflation? It’s clear as day that’s where we are.”
- Kyle Bass says he is using his money and counseling clients to buy land within 2-3 hours of major center in Texas, Tennessee and Florida (where businesses and individuals are moving) because of cheap money. “I changed my whole business to focus on mitigating environmental damage, which is a great business and also buying land within two, three hours of these major population centers, where I think you’re going to see these population centers grow and you can you can use judicious amounts of cheap leverage to stay ahead of stagflation”
China Specific Comments By Kyle Bass
- “If you go back to the February 4, joint communique joint press release between Xi and Putin. It’s actually a really frightening read. For some reason, it didn’t make it into the press very much but when you read about their new strategic partnership, one that they say will be stronger and everlasting and be much more important than the Allied partnership to World War II
- And that no area of cooperation is what they call off limits. It goes to show you that this was premeditated and what I mean by that is in this communicaque– China gives Russia the go ahead to talk about one Russia and and reunification of the Ukraine with Mother Russia and in the same breath Russia goes reaffirms China’s one China policy and and talks about the eventual reunification of China with Taiwan. ,
- That I think it’s I think if China and Russia have a deal, which look you’ve already seen the payment system when Visa, MasterCard abandoned the Russian banks for the payment system, the Russian banks immediately went to Union Pay in China. This is the single key issue of this war. If China is providing Russia with a backdoor for its crude for its gas and for its food and what we’re witnessing here, I believe it’s the bifurcation of the world into two world orders. One is the rules based West who prioritizes human rights and climate everything that you and I have near and dear to our hearts, and then you have the axis of evil, which is Putin, Xi Maduro and the rest of them that want to barter and trade with one another and create a world order that is authoritarian, totalitarian, and evil. And we’re just starting the world just woke up to Putin’s evil, and the world is kind of waking up to she’s genocidal evil and the way that they operate these countries. So what you’re seeing today, I believe, is this bifurcation. What the US has to do going forward is really we have to make difficult decisions.”
Sign up for ValueWalk’s free newsletter here.